Tuesday 8 January 2013

Professor Susan Wendell comments on my book

I'm very honoured to have received the following comments from Professor Susan Wendell, author of the book 'The Rejected Body: Feminist Philosophical Reflections on Disability' about my book, comments she has given permission to make public:

"I am very, very impressed by the thoroughness of your research. Even though our lines of inquiry into both ME/CFIDS and psychosomatic diagnosis have been different, nearly every relevant study I had encountered in my own research is discussed by you, and then you cover far more. I am equally impressed by your careful reasoning in confronting the scientific inadequacies and logical absurdities of much psychosomatic theorizing.

Perhaps most important for readers who are at risk of receiving psychosomatic diagnoses (and, from my own research, I would say that includes virtually everyone who may become ill), you expose the consequences of psychosomatic diagnosis or speculation in medicine, clinical psychology, counselling, social work and everyday life. Your book is a gift to everyone who has endured these consequences - including shame, isolation, loss of income and social rejection. Thank you, thank you for all the painstaking work you have done in writing it."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rejected-Body-Philosophical-Reflections-Disability/dp/0415910471/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357639592&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment